Great West Digital Agency, a division of Great West Newspapers, is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) –
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Collection of Information
We only collect Personal Data from you, such as first and last name, phone number, e-mail, when you send us information through a form, or register for the website. We collect data about your activities that does not personally or directly identify you when you visit our website, or the websites and online services where we display advertisements. This information may include the content you view, the date and time that you view this content, the products you purchase, or your location information associated with your IP address. We use the information we collect to deliver more relevant advertisements (referred to as “Retargeting”). We collect information about where you saw the ads we serve you and what ads you clicked on.
We occasionally may work with online advertising companies. As you browse https://greatwestdigital.ca/, online ad networks we work with may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant ads to you. See the Opt-out section below to learn how to opt-out of behavioural targeted advertising.
We do not target ads to you based on sensitive personal data, such as information related to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, physical or mental health or condition or sexual life. We may target ads based on data provided by Advertisers or partners alone or in combination with the data we collect ourselves. Any data used to serve targeted advertisements is de-identified and is not used to personally or directly identify you.
In order for us to find the best possible inventory online, we work with third party advertising companies (our “Advertising Partners”) to help us recognize your digital behaviour and serve relevant advertisements to you when you visit a website or online service in their networks. We also work with Advertising Partners who help us recognize you across different devices to show you relevant advertisements. Our Advertising Partners may collect information about your activities on our website, and other websites or online services in their networks. We also work with third party companies to assist us with website analytics to optimize our website for the best possible performance for our visitors.
We and our third-party partners use session cookies and persistent cookies to make it easier for you to navigate and enhance the experience of our site, and to monitor and evaluate our website’s operation and use.
AdChoices.ca provides the ability for a person to opt-out of behavioural based targeting online. To opt-out of behavioural online marketing, you can visit youradchoices.ca/choices and select the Launch Opt-Out Tool button. You can use this tool to select the companies that you wish to see ads from or select All Companies to be completely opted out of behavioural based targeting.
To modify or delete your personal information, or to opt out of future communications, please contact us here:
Great West Digital Agency, 340 Carleton Drive, St. Albert, AB. 780-460-5502.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
- Mail Chimp
- Contact Form 7
- Google Analytics
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Great West Digital Agency, 340 Carleton Drive, St. Albert, AB. 780-460-5502.
Last modification was made May 17, 2018.